This easy pasta dish can be whipped up in next to no time!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (80g) sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 375g dried spaghetti pasta
- shaved parmesan, to serve
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add sundried tomatoes. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant.
Add diced tomatoes and sugar. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in basil.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Add pasta to sauce. Toss to combine. Serve with parmesan.