It’s a match made in heaven – Pork chops with apple wedges and chilli plum sauce!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (about 225g each) Coles Australian Pork Loin Chops
- 2 red delicious apples, cored, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup (125ml) SPC Plum Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mashed potato and steamed green beans, to serve
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Season the pork with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 mins each side or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
Meanwhile, add the apple to the pan and cook, turning, for 3-4 mins or until golden brown. Add the plum sauce, sweet chilli sauce, ginger and lemon juice and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 mins or until sauce thickens slightly. Divide the pork and apple among serving plates. Drizzle with the sauce to serve. Serve immediately with mashed potato and steamed green beans.