Celebrate Chinese New Year with these delicious dishes, promoting health, prosperity and luck for the year ahead. Noodles represent a long life, so the longer, the better it’s bad luck to cut them when making Longevity noodles.
- 450g packet fresh thin egg noodles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lup chong sausages, thinly sliced (see note)
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150g oyster mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 200g fresh shiitake mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cups bean sprouts, trimmed
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
Prepare the egg noodles following packet directions.
Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add sausage. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until golden. Add ginger and garlic. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add mushroom. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until softened.
Add noodles, sugar snap peas, stock, soy and oyster sauce. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until heated through. Add sesame oil and bean sprouts. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Serve sprinkled with coriander.