For a quick and easy weeknight dinner, try these tasty Lamb kofta served with fluffy couscous.
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 2/3 cup natural sliced almonds, toasted
- 2/3 cup mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chilli
- 500g lamb mince
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups San Remo CousCous
- 1 1/2 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup natural yoghurt or Greek yoghurt
Process the onion and garlic in a processor until finely chopped. Add half the almonds and process until a coarse paste. Add half the mint and the spices and process for 10 seconds until the mint is finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the mince and season with salt and pepper. Using hands, mix until well combined.
Divide the lamb mixture into 8 portions, shape each portion around a medium metal skewer.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan or chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Cook the skewers for 8-10 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
Meanwhile, place the couscous in a large heatproof bowl. Add 1½ cups boiling stock and sultanas. Stir with a fork until liquid is moistly absorbed. Cover and stand for 3 minutes. Fluff up the couscous with a fork to separate the grains. Cover and stand for 2 minutes. Fluff up again. Stir through the remaining almonds and mint leaves. Serve topped with kofta, feta and yoghurt.