Here’s a meal that the whole family will love – Crunchy crumbed pork cutlets.
- 2 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Eggs
- 2 cups (140g) fresh breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- 125g haloumi, coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 4 (about 200g each) Coles Australian Pork Cutlets
- Canola oil, to shallow-fry
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Whisk the eggs and 1/4 cup water in a shallow dish. Combine the breadcrumbs, haloumi, parsley and chives on a plate. Using a meat mallet, pound the pork to 1cm thickness. Dip the pork in the egg mixture then press in the breadcrumb mixture to coat. Transfer to a plate. Place in the fridge for 10 mins to chill.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the pork for 4-5 mins each side or until golden and just cooked through.
Meanwhile, combine the salad leaves, tomato, avocado and cucumber in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinegar and oil and toss to combine. Divide among serving plates. Serve with pork cutlets and lemon wedges.