These low-fat chicken patties are perfect for easy, stress-free mid-week dining.
- 400g chicken mince
- 2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 200g pad Thai rice noodles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 1/2 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves, plus extra to serve
Combine mince, curry paste, green onion and finely chopped coriander in a large bowl. Using wet hands, shape heaped tablespoons of mixture into patties. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add 1/2 the patties. Cook for 5 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with 1 tablespoon oil and remaining patties.
Meanwhile, cook noodles following packet directions. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain.
Combine vinegar, fish sauce, sugar, chilli, garlic and remaining oil in a jug. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Place noodles, patties, tomato, carrot, red onion, mint and coriander leaves in a bowl. Toss gently to combine. Drizzle with dressing. Serve sprinkled with extra coriander.