This easy pasta, sausage and asparagus recipe is designed for weeknight cooking.
- 400g farfalle, or other short pasta
- 2 bunches baby asparagus, cut into 4cm lengths
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g Italian-style pork sausages, casings removed
- 1/3 cup (85g) mascarpone
- 1/4 cup (40g) pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water according to packet instructions or until al dente. Add the asparagus for the final 3 minutes of cooking, then drain, reserving 1/2 cup (125ml) cooking water.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Cook sausage meat, stirring and breaking up any lumps, for 5-7 minutes until cooked through and crisp.
Reduce heat to medium, add the pasta, mascarpone and reserved 1/2 cup (125ml) cooking water to the pan. Cook, tossing, for a further 2 minutes, then add pine nuts and parsley. Season well then serve.