This zesty salad combines the crisp crunch of cabbage and pine nuts with the sweetness of seasonal pear.
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 corella pears, core removed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (40g) pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- salt and cracked black pepper
Combine the cabbage, onion and pear in a large bowl.
Place pine nuts in a small fry pan over medium heat and cook for 2 minutes, stirring regularly, or until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
To make the dressing, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper until well combined.
To serve, toss the pine nuts through the cabbage mixture and drizzle with the dressing.