Get your greens the delicious way in this hearty vegetarian lasagne.
- 2 x 270g jars marinated artichokes in oil, drained
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) thickened cream
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1kg fresh ricotta
- 3 1/2 cups (420g) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (80g) grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 500g pkt dried instant lasagne sheets
- 4 cups grated pizza cheese (or use 2 cups each grated mozzarella and cheddar)
- Green salad, to serve
Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a 5cm deep, 23cm x 30cm baking dish.
Place the artichokes, 1/2 cup (125ml) cream and the basil in a food processor and pulse until combined. Transfer to a bowl, season and set aside.
Clean the processor, then add ricotta, peas, eggs, 3/4 cup (60g) of the parmesan, and remaining 1 cup (250ml) cream. Season, then pulse to combine.
Cover the base of the baking dish with one-third of the pea mixture, then cover with a layer of pasta, breaking sheets to fit if necessary. Spread with half the artichoke mixture and half the cheese. Repeat layers, finishing with a final layer of the pea mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan, then cover the dish with baking paper, followed by foil.
Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, then remove paper and foil and return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes until the top is bubbling and golden. Stand for 5 minutes, then slice and serve lasagne topped with extra parmesan, accompanied by a green salad.