Herb pesto adds a fragrant touch to this hearty parsnip and potato soup.
- 1.5kg parsnips, peeled, chopped
- 600g potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 cups Campbell's Real Stock Chicken
- 300ml pure cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Place parsnip, potato, onion, garlic and stock in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat. Cool slightly. Process, in batches, until smooth.
Meanwhile, make herb pesto: Process parsley, basil, garlic and oil until just smooth.
Return soup to pan over low heat. Add cream and milk. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 6 minutes or until heated through. Season with pepper. Ladle into bowls. Top with pesto. Serve.