Vegetables are an essential part of our everyday diet. Make the most of seasonal veg with this serving suggestion.
- 12 small kipfler potatoes, peeled
- 1 bunch baby (Dutch) carrots, scrubbed
- 3 baby fennel, trimmed and quartered
- 1/2 small cauliflower, cut into florets
- 6 baby leeks (or 2 regular leeks, quartered)
- 150g snow peas
- 2 bunches baby beetroot (or 1 bunch regular beetroot, quartered)
Bring potatoes to the boil in a large pan of salted water, then simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add carrots, fennel and cauliflower, return to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes. Add leeks and cook for 3 minutes, then add snow peas and cook for 1 minute or until all vegetables are tender.
Meanwhile, cook beetroot separately in boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes until tender. Cool slightly and peel. Serve vegetables with corned beef (see related recipe).