It’s love at first bite with these beautiful raspberry cheesecake cupcakes.
- 150g butter, at room temperature
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150g white chocolate, melted, cooled
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 85g (1/3 cup) sour cream
- 150g frozen raspberries
- Fresh raspberries, halved, to decorate
- 250g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 100g butter, at room temperature
- 150g white chocolate, melted
- 80g (1/2 cup) icing sugar mixture
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 6 Arnott's Granita biscuits, finely crushed
Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan forced, then line twelve 125ml (1/2 cup) muffn pans with paper cases.
Use electric beaters to beat butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add chocolate and beat to combine. Add flour, baking powder and cream, in alternating batches, stirring until just combined. Add frozen berries. Fold to combine.
Divide mixture among the prepared pans. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand cakes in pans for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the icing, use electric beaters to beat cream cheese and butter in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add white chocolate. Beat to combine. Add icing sugar. Beat until well combined.
For the praline, line a baking tray with baking paper. Cook sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring, for 5 minutes or until dissolved. Cook until caramelised. Pour hot toffee over prepared tray. Quickly sprinkle with biscuit. Set aside to cool. Break praline into pieces. Process in a food processor until finely crushed.
Use a palette knife to spread icing over cupcakes. Sprinkle praline around edge of each cupcake and top with raspberry.