Gooey and delicious, this microwave pudding is a chocoholic’s delight!
- 60g butter, chopped
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa (see Notes)
- 1/2 x 180g block dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, skinless, roughly chopped
- Extra Dutch-processed cocoa, to serve
- Hazelnuts, roughly chopped, to serve
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- 1 tablespoon Dutch-processed cocoa
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
Place butter and milk in a microwavesafe jug. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 1 minute 20 seconds, stirring halfway through, or until butter has melted.
Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, chocolate and hazelnuts in a medium bowl. Add milk mixture to flour mixture. Stir to combine. Spoon mixture into a 6cm-deep, 8-cup-capacity, microwave-safe dish. Level top with a spatula.
Make Sauce: Combine cocoa, sugar and boiling water in a heatproof jug.
Pour sauce over the back of a large metal spoon to cover pudding batter. Sit dish on an upturned microwave-safe plate. Cook, uncovered, on MEDIUM (50%) for 12 to 14 minutes or until a skewer inserted into edge of pudding comes out clean. Stand for 1 minute. Dust with extra cocoa and sprinkle with extra chopped hazelnuts. Serve with vanilla ice-cream.