We reduced the kilojoules in this classic dessert so that everyone can enjoy a slice without the guilt.
- melted reduced-fat dairy spread (devondale brand), to grease
- 50g (1/3 cup) blueberry-flavoured craisins (ocean spray brand)
- 25g reduced-fat dairy spread (devondale brand), softened
- 3 x 1cm-thick slices sourdough, halved crossways
- 250ml (1 cup) skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 60g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
Preheat oven to 220°c. Brush a 15 x 23cm (base measurement) ovenproof baking dish with the melted spread to lightly grease. Sprinkle half the craisins over the base. Spread the dairy spread over one side of the bread slices. Arrange the bread slices over the craisins and sprinkle with the remaining craisins.
Whisk the skim milk, eggs and sugar in a jug until combined. Pour egg mixture over the bread. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the custard is set and the bread is golden on top.