This good-for-you savoury slice is great for lunch or with roast tomatoes for dinner.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 300g sweet potato, peeled, coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- 125g (1/2 cup) reduced-fat fresh ricotta
- 250g zucchini, grated, moisture removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 240g cherry truss tomatoes (see note)
- baby rocket leaves, to serve
- balsamic vinegar, to serve
Preheat oven to 180c. Grease and line a 26 x 16cm (base measurement) slice pan.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in the sweet potato for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Stir in the garlic for 1 minutes or until aromatic.
Whisk the eggs, egg whites and flour in a large bowl until smooth. Whisk in ricotta until just combined. Stir in the sweet potato mixture, zucchini, chives and parsley.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Set aside to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, place the tomatoes on a baking tray. Spray with olive oil. Roast for 10 minutes or until just soft.
Serve the slice with tomatoes, rocket and a drizzle of vinegar.