Sprouts and a tangy dressing give this lean, green salad texture and bite. Cubes of creamy avocado make it a meal.
- 4 cups mixed green salad leaves, tightly packed
- 2 cups sprouts such as broccoli, sunflower, snowpea or alfalfa
- 2 medium cucumbers, chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- Fresh curly parsley, to serve
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup cold pressed olive oil
- 1/2 heaped tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- Himalayan pink salt and pepper, to taste
Place all ingredients for the salad in a large salad bowl and toss until combined.
In a medium screw-top jar, shake up ingredients for the dressing until smooth. Pour over salad, toss thoroughly and top with fresh parsley to serve.