Bread and butter pudding is a classic crowd-pleaser – this one is diabetes-friendly and full of tasty raspberries.
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons hermesetas sweetener
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups skim milk
- 6 slices wholegrain fruit bread, crusts removed
- 1 tablespoon low-fat spread
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 teaspoons hermesetas sweetener, extra, to dust
Preheat oven to 180°c/160°c fan-forced. Whisk eggs, sweetener, vanilla, cinnamon and milk together in a bowl.
Spread both sides of bread slices with spread. Cut slices in half diagonally to make triangles. Layer bread, in rows, in a 6cm-deep, 22cm x 13cm (base), 4 cup-capacity ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with raspberries. Pour over egg mixture.
Place dish in a large baking dish. Pour boiling water into baking dish until halfway up the side of smaller dish. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and just set. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Dust with sweetener. Serve.